Thursday, November 10, 2011

Entry 23: The Wait

I'm curling up in the wait.

That time when you wait for your supervisor to send you feedback of your write-up. Sometimes it takes a couple of days, sometimes a few, sometimes even a week depending on how busy your supervisor is. I'm lucky I have a super efficient supervisor. I remembered when close to M.Phil submissions, the wait would take only a few hours, while some of my friends wait for two weeks and more. But here I am with a supervisor who would give me a break, allow me to slide when I have health problems or some family matters that needs attention. I couldn't ask for a better one.

So what do you do during the wait?

Everything under the sun. You relax, cook in your room, learn a new song, write a couple of articles for some Students' Union magazine, go for a movie and even flea market shopping. You even have time to miss home and feel terribly homesick, have a sitcom marathon and sleep early.

Of course, the wait is only temporary.

Until you receive that e-mail or text on the date for your next meeting. And realize you have to gear up for the next set of re-writes and drafts all over again.

Until the date for the meeting comes, I shamelessly bask in the wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment