Monday, September 19, 2011

Entry 22: Biting off too much??

Sometimes I feel like I'm biting off much more than I can chew! Somehow I feel I'm not the only one. 

The main purpose behind this hardly-read blog is to give me a space to vent and escape when it all seems to much to take. By 'it' I mean language research. So here I am in an escape mode once again!

Lately, my stress-related health problems are peaking prominently after my latest stint with viral fever. 

These days, I complain once more of shoulder pains. Yes, I'll definitely reach destination Frozen Shoulders by the time I am 40. I might even make it there a decade early. Engkima, my friend/ foe/ honorary brother/ hostel mate/ jogging companion/ mess mate/ shrink/ massage therapist, will have another hard week ahead. I admire his endurance while 'de-freezing my shoulders'. I'll whimper, squeal, scream and I even kicked him once!! I know, I need to get more serious about my shoulder exercises.

My sinusitis flares up terribly these days. And winter hasn't even taken a peek in our beloved Delhi yet! 

It's a blue Monday today. And I have been here sitting on my massively cluttered work desk for the past 6 hours while pain shoots up between my shoulder blades. I hope to finish this draft by evening, read a couple of papers and finish framing a questionnaire before I can go for a lovely walk in campus.

There's a funeral I have to attend this evening. Of course, social life can't take a back seat!

I can't even remember the last time I've been out with the boyfriend! Funny how these things take the back seat once you get too comfortable with it!

I'm not a pro at juggling priorities, but I feel I've become pretty good over the years. After all, the thing I fear most after getting into research is to be an intellectual who doesn't contribute to the society. 

But sometimes, just sometimes, I feel I bite off much more than I can chew! 

It could be the Blue Monday talking, or the  painful shoulder blades!But nonetheless, I can't switch off the escape mode just yet!




I know, I need extra shelves! But if you see the size of my room, you'd tell me this is just fine! :)

Yep... I read Lai bible to get me better acquainted with the language!

No comments:

Post a Comment